Sunday, May 18, 2008

Free Drum Project


Maybe a year ago, I started begging publicly for spare drum parts. I used to play in middle school, and it was fun. Why not relive the dream, right?

So, one guy last year had a snare he didn't need anymore. Then, last weekend, I secured a kick drum (rusty), two cymbals, and some sticks. Then, by chance, a rummage sale in Bayside had a kick pedal and cymbal stand. I'm in business, baby!

Workarounds: cat litter box is the snare stand, excercise ball is the stool.

Drums are fun. They really are. The problem is that I suck at them. I've recorded them, and they sound good enough. They sound a lot better coming of of my Reason sampler, due to my near total lack of skill.

You know who really loves my new drums? Sara. I'm. Not. Being. Sarcastic. At. All.

So it goes. I'm on the prowl for more parts. Know anyone?

Still looking for: floor tom, rack toms, hi-hat, hi-hat stand, cymbal stand, and a stool. You know how to find me.

Look out, Jens Henneman.

1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

Nice! I don't think you suck at the drums but if you are looking for a good source of tutorials, youtube has some great video tutorials. Drums ARE fun, I am finally getting over the fact that you can't play drums quietly. Wish I had your recording skills to have post drum fun.