Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Copenhagen In Miniature.






Yes, I'm 31 and I'm just now trying Photoshop. Please, stop laughing. Just because half of our friends are artists doesn't mean you just automatically learn it.

Doesn't one have to go through a period of overdoing everything in sight until the mysteries of Photoshop reveal themselves? Well, that's where I'm at. Binge-filtering like a sailor on shore leave. And I don't even care!

And what better excuse than to try Fake Tilt-Shift photography. I saw some cool examples in the New York Times "Year In Ideas" issue, and then Flickr has a whole group of FTS'ers.

The basic idea is that you take a photo, blur it, color, and do some other stuff to make it look like a tiny model. Who would make a model of Copenhagen? Nobody. Which is why it's extra fun to try and fake it. I took this photo last summer from a steeple in above Copenhagen. Also, check out the mini-airlift.

3 comments:

Matthew Baker said...

This is freakin' awesome! Thank goodness I still have 4 years to learn this stuff before out-un-cooling you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, like that's real. I know a scale model when I see one.

Nice try dude.

Rockhouse Jones said...

My college buddy Sean McFarland does similar stuff, but 5 years ago and without photoshop. Prepare yourself: http://www.humboldt.edu/~spm5/photographs.html